This program travels the scenic Sirimon route, with some game-viewing and bird watching opportunities along the first day’s paths. Then it’s up across the Liki and Mackinder’s Valleys to Shipton’s camp where you can see glistening peaks and stunning scenery.
The Sirimon route is a moderate-strenuous climb but not a technical one and mountain-climbing experience isn’t necessary. However, there’s no avoiding the steep ascents and high altitudes that make physical fitness a prerequisite.
You can discover a great deal about yourself through this adventure, but only if the experience is of extremely high quality and professionally organized, which is a part of our specialty.
See the itinerary for day-by-day details.
General trekking information and recommended mountain clothing
- Waterproof Jacket and over trousers
- Warm, windproof jacket with hood
- Walking trousers, shirts and pullover
- Warm underwear
- Walking socks
- Good comfortable walking heavy boots
- Training shoes (for evening)
- Gaiters, sun hat, warm hat or balaclava
- Scarf, gloves, sun glasses
- Sleeping bag
- You can hire some of the equipment available at a reasonable cost
- Scenic walk up to the summit of Mt. Kenya
- Beautiful peaks and stunning scenery